Tomato Vodka Cream Sauce SupremeFrom witchywoman 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup vodka shopping list
- 1 large can Italian crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage shopping list
- 1 green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In large pan, melt the butter until bubbly. Add crushed red pepper flakes and Italian tomatoes. Bring to a simmer. Add vodka. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add cheeses, let melt.
- Add heavy cream. Turn to low and cover.
- Meanwhile. in skillet, brown mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add green pepper, onion and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes until soft. Add to the vodka sauce mixture. Brown Italian sausage and add to vodka sauce mixture.
- Add diced eggplant and tomatoes to the vodka mixture along with hot sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer on low heat for roughly 60 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Serve over pasta such as penne or fetticine.