Apple CakeFrom cherriepie 7 years ago
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced into thin rings shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 50g unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups of firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups plain flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp bicarb shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 75 ml sunflower oil shopping list
- 200 ml full-cream milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Slice apples and toss in lemon juice.
- Melt the butter in frying pan on low heat.
- Stir in 1/2 the brown sugar and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lay apples in pan, overlapping in a circular pattern. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and bicarb into a large bowl. Stir in cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, oil and milk lightly.
- Add to dry ingredients and fold in with a wooden spoon.
- Pour batter over apples in the pan, then bake for 25-30 minutes, or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan then invert onto platter.
- Serve cold with dulce de leche.
The Cookcherriepie Melbourne, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!