Carrot CakeFrom loxy 7 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 2 C sifted flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 C sugar shopping list
- 1 ½ C salad oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 C finely grated carrots shopping list
- 1 (8 ½ oz) can crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- ½ C chopped nuts (optional) shopping list
- 1 (3 ½ oz.) can flaked coconut shopping list
- Cream Cheese Frosting: shopping list
- ½ C butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese shopping list
- 1 lb. confectioners sugar, sifted if lumpy shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together first five ingredients.
- Add sugar, salad oil, and eggs; mix well.
- Add carrots, pineapple, coconut (and nuts, if desired)
- Blend thoroughly.
- Pour into 3 (9”) round layer cake pans that have been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool for 10 minutes in pans.
- Turn out on wire racks and cool thoroughly.
- Fill layers and frost top and sides with Cream Cheese Frosting. Cake stores well in refrigerator for 2 weeks, if well covered.
- Combine first three ingredients; cream well.
- Add confectioners sugar gradually, beating well.
- If mixture is too thick to spread, add a small amount of milk.
The Cookloxy The World, KS
The Rating2 people
Oh my - I love carrot cake!! This deserves a 25 fork rating but they'll only show 5 of them. But be assured that pressed the fifth fork five times. Heh. Thanks for sharing!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Okey dokey...one of my absolute favorites!! I added this to some groups for you.jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!