Cantonese Lemon ChickenFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 whole large boneless skinless chicken breasts halved shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- cooking oil for deep frying shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 lemon thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 green onions sliced into 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil shopping list
- Shredded lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken into 1" pieces.
- Combine egg, cornstarch, flour, 1/4 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture then fry 6 pieces at a time in deep hot oil for 6 minutes.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Combine broth, sugar and cornstarch.
- In a wok stir fry lemon and onions in hot oil 1 minute then add broth mixture.
- Cook and stir until bubbly about 2 minutes then toss with chicken and spoon over lettuce.