Glazed Yeast DoughnutsFrom cherylannxo 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup scalded milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
- ----------------------------- shopping list
- --Glaze-- shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. milk shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, stir together the scalded milk, sugar and salt. Set aside until tepid. Stir nutmeg into the flour, and add 2 cups of the mixture to the milk, and beat until well blended.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water. Stir into the milk and flour mixture, then mix in the butter and eggs. Mix in the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time. When dough is firm enough, turn it out onto a floured surface, and knead for 3-4 minutes. Place into an oiled bowl, cover and allow to rise until doubled in bulk. This should take 30-45 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2" in thickness. Cut with a doughnut cutter. Set aside to rise for 30-40 minutes, or until light.
- Heat 1" of oil in a deep heavy frying pan to 375*. Fry doughnuts a few at a time. Cook on each side until golden brown, then remove to paper towels. Glaze while warm, or just sprinkle with sugar or cinnamon and sugar.
- Stir together the powdered sugar and milk until smooh. Dip warm doughnuts into glaze, and set aside to cool.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookcherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
The Rating4 people
these are my greatest downfall love them thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wow, how yummie-another high five heading your way.henrie in Savannah loved it