No Cook Cold Southestern Corn N Shrimp SoupFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- Cold Southwestern corn and shrimp Soupitem-saved-on: shopping list
- 4 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn kernels, thawed shopping list
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 or 3 limes) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- Pinch cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 pound cooked frozen shrimp, thawed, roughly chopped, reserving 4 whole shrimp shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced shopping list
How to make it
- In a blender, working in two batches, puree corn, yogurt, milk, lime juice, coriander, and cayenne.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids.
- Stir in chopped shrimp, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with tomatoes, avocado, and reserved whole shrimp.
- That's all there is to this no-cook delight.
People Who Like This Dish 5
- lorianne1959 Nowhere, Us
- dagnabbit Barrie, CA
- angieaugusta Adelaide, Australia
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- lovebears Reynoldsburg, OH
- fishtrippin Estelline, SD
- witchywoman Longview, WA
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating9 people
Oh--this sounds really good and easy. Thanks!witchywoman in Longview loved it
I do believe this is a winner! I love corn and everything else in this one.jett2whit in Union City loved it
It was 94 degrees here today, 97 yesterday.I had to turn ac down low so I could cook. This recipe sounds very delicious and no cooking!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it