Triple Layer Banana CakeFrom bobbijo 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3-med.) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. peanut butter shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened shopping list
- 5 1/4 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 8-10 Tbsp. milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For Frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Beat in confectioners sugar and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency.
- Frost between layers and over top and sides of cake.