Old-Fashion Oatmeal CookiesFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- 1 c. raisins shopping list
- 1 c. water shopping list
- 3/4 c. shortening shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 2 c. old-fashioned oatmeal shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer raisins and water over medium heat until raisins are plump, about 15 minutes. Drain raisins, reserving the liquid. Add enough water to reserved liquid to measure 1/2 cup.
- Mix thoroughly shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in reserved liquid. Blend in remaining ingredients. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake in 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating2 people
Hey Fluff! Long time no speak...but that's my fault! (sorry)... Any way...thanks for this 5 Fork Oatmeal Cookie Recipe! Anything YOU post is THE BEST...Such a great baker...you know your stuff!
Have a great week!
=)pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
I love oatmeal cookies. In my recipe you soak the raisins in an egg/vanilla mixture for one hour. It does the same thing..makes them nice and plump! Thank you!michellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!