Old-Fashion Oatmeal CookiesFrom fluffy24 7 years ago
- 1 c. raisins shopping list
- 1 c. water shopping list
- 3/4 c. shortening shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 2 c. old-fashioned oatmeal shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer raisins and water over medium heat until raisins are plump, about 15 minutes. Drain raisins, reserving the liquid. Add enough water to reserved liquid to measure 1/2 cup.
- Mix thoroughly shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in reserved liquid. Blend in remaining ingredients. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake in 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating2 people
I love oatmeal cookies. In my recipe you soak the raisins in an egg/vanilla mixture for one hour. It does the same thing..makes them nice and plump! Thank you!michellem in Idaho loved it
Hey Fluff! Long time no speak...but that's my fault! (sorry)... Any way...thanks for this 5 Fork Oatmeal Cookie Recipe! Anything YOU post is THE BEST...Such a great baker...you know your stuff!
Have a great week!
=)pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!