Apple Sweet Potato BakeFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 5 cups thinly sliced sweet potatoes (or yams), about 1 1/2 sweet potatoes shopping list
- 2 cups thinly sliced apples, such as pippin or Granny Smith (about 2 small) shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie pancake syrup shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple juice or orange juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces or chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes, apple slices, and brown sugar together. Spoon into a 9x9-inch or similar-sized baking dish.
- 3. In a small bowl, blend syrup with cinnamon. Stir in the apple juice. Pour evenly over sweet potato mixture. Sprinkle walnuts over the top.
- 4. Cover baking dish with lid or foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake about 15 minutes longer (or until apple and sweet potatoes are cooked throughout).
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!