Thai Oven RiceFrom debwin 6 years ago
- 1T vegetable oil shopping list
- 1lb (500g) lean ground pork, chicken or turkey shopping list
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 21/2c chicken broth shopping list
- 3T soy sauce shopping list
- 2T lime juice shopping list
- 1T fish sauce shopping list
- 2tsp chilli-garlic sauce shopping list
- 1/4tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 sweet peppers shopping list
- 2c sliced shiitake mushrooms, about 1/4lb. shopping list
- 1c short grained rice such as Arborio shopping list
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4c finely chopped fresh coriander shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over med-high heat. Crumble in pork and cook until browned; stir in garlic, cook 1 min.; drain off any fat.
- Stir in brith, soy sauce, lime juice, fish sauce and cayenne; bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile seed and slice peppers into julienne; thinly slice mushrooms. Add peppers and mushrooms to boiling broth; return to boil then remove from heat and cover.
- Turn into a casserole if you don't have an oven proof saucepan and cover with foil.
- Bake in a 400F (200C) oven until rice is tender; 35-40 mins.
- Stir in green onions and coriander
The Cookdebwin Toronto, CA
The Rating4 people
Love dis .......cholena in Food World loved it
I am all over this! Thank you so very much for posting this! I love the flavors, and will be making this very soon! High five! -- Rayshine in Rainier loved it
very unique ....always looking for great rise dishes like this!shecooks4u in Phoenix loved it