Beef With BroccoliFrom whodunitrdr 8 years ago
- 1 pound top round steak shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 3 cups broccoli florets shopping list
- 1 small onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic; minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root; grated shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms; sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken broth; divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil; divided shopping list
How to make it
- Cut beef with grain into 2" strips.
- Slice beef across grain into thin slices.
- Toss beef with 1 teaspoon cornstarch, sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and pepper, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup chicken broth, oyster sauce, remaining soy sauce and cornstarch, set aside.
- Heat wok, add 1 tablespoon oil and rotate to coat inside.
- Add beef, garlic and ginger and stir fry until beef is brown, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from wok.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok, add mushrooms, onions and broccoli, stir fry 1 minute.
- Stir in 1/4 cup chicken broth and beef and heat to boiling.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture, cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Serve with steamed rice.