Refrigerator Yeast RollsFrom chefjeb 6 years ago
- 1 quart milk shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 pkgs yeast or 1 1/2 tbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water (do not exceed 110 degreees) shopping list
- 1 tbs salt shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tbs baking powder shopping list
- All purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Scald milk and add oil and sugar, set aside to cool to 95 - 110 degrees
- Add yeast and warm water
- Add enough all-purpose flour to make batter the consistency of a thick cake batter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled
- Stir down
- Add salt, baking soda and baking powder and enough flour to make a smooth elastic dough.
- (You may stop at this point and refrigerate the dough for up to a week or you use the dough immediately. Refrigeration will increase yeast taste)
- When ready to bake, pinch off golf ball size pieces and place side by side (touching) in a greased baking pan. Let rise until doubled and bake in 400 degree oven until lightly brown.
- Noe: If using self-rising flour, omit salt and baking powder.
People Who Like This Dish 39
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating6 people
Just like my mom used to make when we were kids. Great Aunt Mabel taught her how to make these as a child and then Mom taught me. Haven't made them in ages. Time to teach my child the wonders of these rolls. They are delicious. I always refriger...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Good roll. Fluffy and light. Suggest anyone to make half a recipe unless you are making for an army.
My flour usage was 6 cups then 2 cups.
See also: morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
These rolls do get good oven spring. How do you think they will do making New England style hot dog rolls?pointsevenout in Athens loved it