Tostada PizzaFrom fluffy24 7 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chile peppers, drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal shopping list
- 1 13.8-ounce package refrigerated pizza dough shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese (4 ounces) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded lettuce shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (4) shopping list
- Bottled taco sauce (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet cook ground beef until brown. Drain off fat. Stir in the water, chile peppers, taco seasoning mix, and chili powder. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is gone.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with the cornmeal. Unroll pizza dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mash pinto beans with a fork. Spread beans over partially baked dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Spoon meat mixture over beans. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more or until crust is just golden. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomato, and green onions. Cut into 12 pieces. If desired, serve with taco sauce.
- Taco Pizza: Prepare as above, except add crushed tortilla chips or corn chips to the toppings. In desired, serve with dairy sour cream.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating4 people
I can't wait to try this one. I just put it on the top of my list. Thanks for posting it :)donman in Hammond loved it
FLUFF, I'M GOING TO BREAK THE SCALE IF I ACTUALLY TRY ALL OF YOUR RECIPES! THIS LOOKS FANTASTIC, AND ANOTHER GREAT IDEA FOR ME TO WORK INTO MY WEEKLY SUPPER MENUS. ALWAYS LOOKING FOR YUMMY STUFF LIKE THIS THAT I KNOW MY FAMILY WILL LOVE!
5 FORK...morepinkpasta in Upstate loved it
HMMM Good!bamma in Lincoln loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!