Tostada PizzaFrom fluffy24 7 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chile peppers, drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal shopping list
- 1 13.8-ounce package refrigerated pizza dough shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese (4 ounces) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded lettuce shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (4) shopping list
- Bottled taco sauce (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet cook ground beef until brown. Drain off fat. Stir in the water, chile peppers, taco seasoning mix, and chili powder. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is gone.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with the cornmeal. Unroll pizza dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mash pinto beans with a fork. Spread beans over partially baked dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Spoon meat mixture over beans. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes more or until crust is just golden. Sprinkle with the cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomato, and green onions. Cut into 12 pieces. If desired, serve with taco sauce.
- Taco Pizza: Prepare as above, except add crushed tortilla chips or corn chips to the toppings. In desired, serve with dairy sour cream.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating4 people
HMMM Good!bamma in Lincoln loved it
FLUFF, I'M GOING TO BREAK THE SCALE IF I ACTUALLY TRY ALL OF YOUR RECIPES! THIS LOOKS FANTASTIC, AND ANOTHER GREAT IDEA FOR ME TO WORK INTO MY WEEKLY SUPPER MENUS. ALWAYS LOOKING FOR YUMMY STUFF LIKE THIS THAT I KNOW MY FAMILY WILL LOVE!
5 FORK...morepinkpasta in Upstate loved it
I can't wait to try this one. I just put it on the top of my list. Thanks for posting it :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!