Creme BruleeFrom sas 6 years ago
How to make it
- Heat the heavy cream, milk, and vanilla bean in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Place the egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof mixing bowl and beat until pale yellow in color and all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Temper about 1/2 a cup of the cream mixture into the egg mixture and whisk vigorously to incorporate well. Add the remainder of the cream mixture to the bowl and whisk vigorously to incorporate.
- Strain the brulee base through a fine mesh sieve and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pour the custard into 6 (5-ounce) oval ramekins or gratin dishes, and place the dishes in a sheet pan or roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the pan to come up half way on the sides of the ramekins. Place the pan in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 30 minutes, turning the sheet pan around after 15 minutes to ensure even cooking. To test for doneness, jiggle the pan slightly to see if the custard is set, if so, remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature before placing them in the refrigerator for 2 hours to completely cool.
- Once the brulee has cooled, evenly spread 1 tablespoon of sugar over each ramekin and using a blowtorch, caramelize the sugar to form a candy coating. Be sure to keep the blowtorch moving in a circular motion to prevent the sugar from burning. Serve once the sugar has cooled and is hard like candy
People Who Like This Dish 17
- chuckieb Ottawa, CA
- Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cape Town, South Africa
- angelarmck Scotland, Uk
- melliegirl Ladysmith, South Africa
- shine Rainier, WA
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- romagourmet Rome, IT
- apple_28 Vaughan, CA
- pollymotzko Garden Grove, CA
- almouchie Beirut, LB
- Plus 7 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
The Rating5 people
yummmmmy j'adore la crème bruléeromagourmet in Rome loved it
One of my favorites! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Hi there! just passing through for a moment and saw this yummy recipe. I love it. I'm saving this one for a special occasion! Great job, it's a 5 for sureloxy in The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!