Vegetarian Sausage PizzaFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- Recipe for one pizza dough shopping list
- OR my dough shopping list
- 1 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 pkg dry yeast shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup or enough warm water shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 pkg Soyrizo ( spicey soy sausage ) (Wal-Mart's carry this at the vegetable sections near tofu and soy stuff ) shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 1 small green pepper shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- Shredded Mozarella cheese OR Vegan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 ( approx ) cup favorite thick tomato sauce shopping list
- OR my sauce shopping list
- 1 small can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 can water shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic and herb or italian seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- I make my dough in the breadmaker under dough cycle or you can make it by hand.
- Remember to add enough flour or water to produce a smooth, silky, non sticky pliable dough
- Either way by hand or machine is fine.
- Dough will rise in the refrigerator until using.
- When dough is done, place in refrigerator in a ziplock plastic bag and let it chill several hours ( it will rise and chilling will relax it and let excess starches and sugar do their thing to create a better texture for easier rolling- (Oh yeah I use to work in a pizza restaurant when I was in college making tons of sauce and doughs etc. )
- Prepare topping: in some olive oil saute chopped onion and and pepper until soft.
- Add and cook in garlic
- Remove soy sausage from its plastic wrapper and cook and stir with onions and peppers to brown sausage a bit.
- Cool mixture completely
- To prepare pizza.
- Divide dough in half.
- Feeeze unused portion or use for a second pizza.(sauce and filling makes 2 pizza ) .
- After you finsh preparng the pizza, it will be slid onto the hot oven stone
- Roll dough very thin on a lightly floured surface to a 12 to 14 inch circle and then carefully place on a large pizza paddle.
- Add the sauce, cheese, topping etc.
- Or you can also form the pizza on a cold oven stone, place it into preheated oven but it will take a bit longer to bake
- Bake 425F about 25 minutes or until crust in browned and cheese has melted etc.
- Remove pizza with an oven peel to a platter.
- Let it cool a bit and cut into slices.
- I slice 8 pieces
- Note: this is how I prepare my pizza:
- Form an outer edge by tucking ends over onto dough
- Brush or spoon on the tomato sauce evenly.
- Evenly add a thin layer of shredded cheese.
- Over that, add spoonful of the cooled sausage mixture ( you won't use all ( it will be enough for a second pizza )
- Then slide the pizza onto the stone to bake.
- It will take 20 25 minutes to finish.
- Remove from oven, slide onto platter, cool a bit and slice
- Note: no stone or paddle, don't worry, use a pizza pan or whatever you use to make your pizza.
- I find the stone, creates a great crust and heats evenly.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
We have a family BBQ this weekend, where we will have a few vegetarians and a couple vegans. A vegetarian BBQ to me, sort of flies in the face of what a BBQ really is, with vegetarian meats and such. Anyhow, this recipe will help fix my delema. It lo...moretrev in Bogangar loved it
I like this recipe it sounds like it would make a couple of great calzones if you wanted to do that.
That Soyrizo is nice and spicy.
I have made pizza using Gimme Lean another soy sausage product.
Five forks and a smile :)
...moretrigger in loved it
looks like the real thing!herby in Albany loved it