Tortilla and Black Bean CasseroleFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 cups white onion chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups green pepper chopped shopping list
- 14-1/2 ounce can tomatoes chopped but not drained shopping list
- 3/4 cup salsa shopping list
- 4 ounces jalapenos chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 30 ounce can black beans drained shopping list
- 12 corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese shredded shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced shopping list
- 2 cups shredded lettuce shopping list
- 1/8 cup sliced green onion shopping list
- 1/8 cup sliced black olives shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- In skillet combine onion, green pepper, tomatoes with juice, salsa, jalapenos, garlic and cumin.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes then stir in beans.
- In a rectangular baking dish spread 1/3 of the bean mixture over bottom of pan.
- Top with half of the tortillas overlapping as necessary and half of the cheese.
- Add another 1/3 of the bean mixture then remaining tortillas and bean mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and let stand 10 minutes.
- Top with tomato slices, lettuce, green onion and olives then cut into squares to serve.
- Serve with sour cream or yogurt.