Quenoa Stuffed Bell Peppers With ScallopsFrom trigger 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup quinoa I use organic red and white mixed together for contrast shopping list
- 4 Fresh organic bell peppers shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil for frying shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon of sweet butter shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning shopping list
- 1 Medium onion chopped shopping list
- 1/3 Cup chopped leeks, white part only shopping list
- 3/4 lb scallops shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons toasted and finely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley chopped shopping list
- 1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese, plus some for topping of rice after stuffing peppers. shopping list
How to make it
- Make the Quenoa by package directions using vegetable stock set aside. Prepare the peppers by removing the stem with a pairing knife set aside. Heat the olive oil and butter on medium high until it starts to shimmer and add the scallops.
- Sear the scallops until browned and sprinkle with lemon pepper and grate the nutmeg over the scallops remove and set aside.
- Add the vegetables and sauté until tender.
- Combine the scallops with the Quenoa and the cheese,2 Tablespoons toasted and finely chopped walnuts and stuff into the peppers.
- Place the peppers in a baking dish with one inch of water or broth.
- Bake in a 350degree oven for 30 minutes until rice forms a crust.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating10 people
I cannot wait to try this, Michael...Looks wonderful!
Thank you so much,
Pamelapamelanava in Prosper loved it
Hey Michael, Nice sounding combo. I only discovered quinoa about a year ago and have loved it ever since. It would go perfectly with the scallops... Nice One ...... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
This looks wonderful! I love the fact that you added walnuts to it - it should give such a nice crunch.elgab89 in Toronto loved it