Rhubarb Custard PieFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 9 inch double crust pie with lattice top shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 eggs beaten shopping list
- 4 cups sliced rhubarb cut in 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Roll out one crust to line bottom of pan.
- With second crust make lattice strips for top of pie.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In medium bowl combine sugar, flour, nutmeg and salt.
- Add eggs and mix well by hand until smooth then stir in rhubarb.
- Pour into unbaked crust and top with lattice strips and crimp edges.
- Sprinkle top of crust with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Put thin strips of foil around edges of pie.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 minutes.
- Remove strips of foil then bake another 25 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!