Halibut MontereyFrom witchywoman 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless halibut fillets, cut into 4 equal portions shopping list
- Stuffing: shopping list
- 3/4 cup crab meat or substitute shrimp shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese shopping list
- 2 thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 2 tablespoons bacon, fried crisp and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all of the stuffing ingredients and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Using a thin sharp knife, cut a deep pocket in the top or side of each halibut portion. Be careful not to cut closer than 1/2-inch from either edge.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a teaspoon and the tip of your finger, gently stuff each portion with the crab mixture, taking care not to tear the pocket.
- Place stuffed fillet portions on lightly greased baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
The Cookwitchywoman Longview, WA
The Rating4 people
Oh, how decadent! This is a keeper - I will certainly impress my friends with this.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Wonderful recipe! High fiver to ya! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it