Elaines Spaghetti SauceFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- 1 can unsalted tomato paste shopping list
- ½ each of green, orange, red, yellow sweet pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 large can diced tomatoes, or 6 large, fresh, diced shopping list
- ½ lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- ½ lb lean ground pork shopping list
- ½ lb lean ground turkey shopping list
- 6 – 8 shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 whole bay leaves shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- approx 3 tbsp soya sauce shopping list
- approx 1 – ½ cups dry red wine shopping list
- approx 3 large stalks celery, finely chopped shopping list
- approx 3 medium carrots, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- oregano & basil, a good pinch of each shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, combine the meats. Add about 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the shallots. Lightly brown the mixture, cooking until the shallots are nicely caramelized.
- Transfer to large pot, and add:
- Diced peppers
- Diced tomatoes
- Soya sauce
- Red wine
- Celery and carrots
- bay leaves
- oregano and basil, salt & pepper
- Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to simmer, and reduce the sauce to thicken.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Serve over spaghetti, topped with grated Parmesan, or cheese of your choice, garnished with fresh parsley leaf.
- Garlic bread goes really well with this dish, as does a fresh, tossed salad.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating9 people
A lot of work but well worth it. :)donman in Hammond loved it
thumbs up!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Hey Elaine fantastic sauce high fivemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!