Pineapple and Toasted Coconut LoafFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained well shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly toasted, tossing occasionally, for 6 to 10
- Set aside.
- Butter and flour 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- Using mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs,one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low, and alternate adding flour mixture in three parts to two parts sourcream.
- Mix just until combined.
- Using spatula, fold in pineapple and 1 cup coconut flakes into
- Spoon into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean, 65
- to 70 minutes.
- Cover pan halfway through baking with foil.
- Let cakecool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and transfer to wire rack to cool completely
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Coconut and pineapples together are always a great combination...Great one!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Great recipe!michelle73 in Melville loved it
Yum!dmajor in Slidell loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!