Pineapple and Toasted Coconut LoafFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained well shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly toasted, tossing occasionally, for 6 to 10
- Set aside.
- Butter and flour 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- Using mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs,one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low, and alternate adding flour mixture in three parts to two parts sourcream.
- Mix just until combined.
- Using spatula, fold in pineapple and 1 cup coconut flakes into
- Spoon into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean, 65
- to 70 minutes.
- Cover pan halfway through baking with foil.
- Let cakecool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and transfer to wire rack to cool completely
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Yum!dmajor in Slidell loved it
Great recipe!michelle73 in Melville loved it
Coconut and pineapples together are always a great combination...Great one!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!