Brandied Apple Cheesecake CakeFrom fluffy24 8 years ago
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon brandy flavoring* shopping list
- 2 medium (1 1/2 cups) apples, peeled, chopped shopping list
- glaze Ingredients: shopping list
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon brandy flavoring or vanilla** shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons apple cider or apple juice shopping list
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt® pan. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Combine all cake ingredients except apples in large bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, 2 minutes. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes or until well mixed. Stir in apples. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Loosen cake edges with knife. Invert onto serving plate; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine all glaze ingredients except apple cider in small bowl. Stir in enough apple cider for desired glazing consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake.
- *Substitute 1 tablespoon brandy.
- **Substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons brandy.
- Recipe Tip
- This cake stays moist and actually develops more apple flavor a day after baking.