Soft Buttermilk Sugar CookiesFrom momofsixil 5 years ago
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In very large mixing bowl, beat softened butter or margarine, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk with electric mixer.
- Sift together salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flour and add to creamed mixture.
- Roll on floured surface to approximately 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with desired cookie cutters.
- Bake for approximately 8 to 9 minutes, or until set but not browned.
- Ovens vary, so this bake time may be slightly less or higher, depending on your oven.
- Do not over bake!
- Remove from oven carefully and let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing from pan.
- Transfer cookies onto a surface such as counter top covered with paper towels and allow to cool completely. (I find this better for these cookies rather than placing onto wire racks.)
- This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies, depending on size of cutters.
- Frost with buttercream frosting or other frosting and decorated if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookmomofsixil Davis, IL
The Rating5 people
I love doing these cookies. They taste wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
These are wonderful. Great cookie.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
wow! awsomecookis luv the soft ones thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Good Down Home Southern Food194 members
Christmas All Year181 members
Holiday Cookie Swappers222 members
Pass Down Recipes312 members
Family Favorites138 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Recipes For A Cause24 members