Buttermilk Lemon PieFrom munchy 8 years ago
- Pastry for single crust pie shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tbs all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1/3 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbs grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Line a 9" pie plate with pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. In large mixing bowl, beat the buttermilk, eggs, butter, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Add to the sugar mixture; mix well.
- Pour into crust. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 400º for 10 mins. Reduce temperature to 325º; bake 40-45 mins longer or til a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in the refrigerator.
The Cookmunchy Souderton, PA
The Rating4 people
Thanks sounds great you have my 5.blueeyes68ky in Owenton loved it
I think the tart taste of lemons and buttermilk are a great combo. Thank you for posting it!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
OH yummy and HIGH 5 * * * * *lanacountry in Macon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!