Stuffed MushroomsFrom alaskanmom 6 years ago
- 20 medium mushrooms shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onions shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped orange pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped green peppers shopping list
- 14 Ritz crackers, finely crushed (about 1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. italian seasoning shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted shopping list
- extra crushed ritz crumbs for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove stems from mushrooms. Finely chop up enough stems to measure 1/4 cup, set aside. Cover & refrigerate remaining stems for another use.
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add 1/4 cup stems, onions, & peppers; cook & stir until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese & Italian seasoning. Spoon crumb mixture evenly into mushroom caps. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle extra ritz crumbs over each mushroom, then add last 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese over each and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Sometimes I'll grate extra Parmesan over the top of each mushroom after they are through cooking.
- (These can be made(stuffed) several hours in advance. Cover & refrigerate until ready to serve. Uncover & bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through.)
People Who Like This Dish 28
The Cookalaskanmom Wasilla, AK
The Rating7 people
Delicious stuffing, wonderful appetizer indeed.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Those look awesome.We loved stuffed mushrooms in our house!Thanks 4 sharing and have a nice weekend :-)hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it
Thanks for this recipe....We just finished our New Year's Eve steak dinner which included your mushroom recipe.....wonderfull!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR.................juniprune in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!