Old Time Soft Sugar CookiesFrom munchy 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- (please note, I used butter instead of shortening. They turned out incredible!) shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together the shortening and the sugar. Stir in the egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir to combine. Chill dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Drop mixture by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. If desired sprinkle tops of cookies with white sugar before baking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 7 to 9 minutes or until set.
- (note, I used some colored sprinkled sugar as well as white)
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookmunchy Souderton, PA
The Rating9 people
I like your idea of using butter instead of shortening. You have my 5 and I am saving this recipe. I have also added it to my colection of buttermilk recipes. I would love it if you would join the group.blueeyes68ky in Owenton loved it
Hi Dawn!!you really made a beautiful bride...:]
love making cookies with butter...sooo yummy...thanx for sharing
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
I agree, you can't beat using butter. The cookies look fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!