Chicken Chow Mein with lemon reduction sauceFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
- chicken breast, raw shopping list
- 3 whole lemons shopping list
- 1 lb. fresh bean sprouts shopping list
- about 20 snow peas shopping list
- soya sauce (KIKKOMAN highly recommended) shopping list
- Chinese dry noodles shopping list
- 1 can bamboo shoots shopping list
- carrot shreds shopping list
- 1 small can water chestnuts shopping list
- 2 medium sized shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 green onions shopping list
- 6 mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- dry mustard powder shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- Chinese five-spice herbal blend shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the raw chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- Parboil these gently for one minute.
- In a wok or deep frying pan, combine:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- the chicken
- bamboo shoots
- water chestnuts
- carrot shreds
- soya sauce
- Chinese five-spice blend
- Simmer until the shallots are lightly caramelized, then add:
- Snow peas
- Bean sprouts
- Simmer on low heat until sprouts are translucent, and slightly softened, then turn off the heat.
- In the meantime, prepare the lemon reduction:
- Place the juice of all the lemons into a skillet.
- Add the mustard powder --- 1 tsp
- Add the sugar
- Cook on medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is reduced to one half its original volume.
- Pour into the wok-----
- Top with finely chopped green onions and Chinese dried noodles---
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating7 people
Thank you, Chef Elaine - this sounds so delicious! The lemon reduction here really piques my interest. :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
fantastic, Elaine! Thanks for the recipe.
Petedagnabbit in Barrie loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!