Molten Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter FillingFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus melted butter for brushing shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (70 percent cacao), chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar, plus more for sprinkling shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Brush four 6-ounce ramekins with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cocoa powder with 1 tablespoon of the flour; dust the ramekins with the cocoa mixture, tapping out the excess.
- Transfer the ramekins to a sturdy baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 stick of butter with the chocolate over very low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, blend the peanut butter with the 1 tablespoon of confectioners’ sugar and the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the granulated sugar with the eggs and salt at medium-high speed until thick and pale yellow, 3 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the melted chocolate until no streaks remain.
- Fold in the 1/4 cup of flour.
- Spoon two-thirds of the batter into the prepared ramekins, then spoon the peanut butter mixture on top.
- Cover with the remaining chocolate batter.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 16 minutes, until the tops are cracked but the centers are still slightly jiggly.
- Transfer the ramekins to a rack and let cool for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Run the tip of a small knife around each cake to loosen. Invert a small plate over each cake and, using pot holders, invert again. Carefully lift off the ramekins.
- Dust the warm cakes with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
love it great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh my... this looks so good!!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
Can I have a slice, please?! 5+++elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!