Coeur a la CremeFrom crispy_crocodile 7 years ago
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain organic or low-fat natural yogurt (without any added thickeners such as carrageenan or pectin) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- Raspberry coulis shopping list
- fresh raspberries for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Stir the cream and 1/3 cup of the sugar together in a large bowl. Beat the sweetened cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Continue beating, adding the remaining 1/3 cup sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, until the whites form stiff, glossy peaks. Fold the cream mixture and beaten egg whites into the yogurt. Fold in the vanilla.
- Line 1 large or 6 individual coeur a la creme molds or a large sieve with a double thickness of damp cheesecloth, allowing the excess to hang over the edge.
- Fill the prepared mold(s) with the cream mixture and set over a large plate to drain. If using a sieve, set the sieve over a bowl. Fold the excess cheesecloth over the cream. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Unwrap and invert the mold(s) onto a serving plate or plates. Remove the cheesecloth. Or, if using the sieve, invert onto a large plate and use an ice cream scoop to spoon individual servings into dessert bowls. Surround the coeur a la creme(s) with raspberry coulis and a few fresh raspberries.
- Variation: In a medium bowl, using a wooden spoon, beat 8 ounces softened mascarpone cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract together until smooth and creamy. In a large bowl, beat 1 cup heavy cream until it forms soft peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone cheese mixture. Mold, drain, and serve as in the above recipe.
The Cookcrispy_crocodile Minneapolis, MN
The Rating3 people
beautiful...i have been wanting a good recipe for this!laika in New York loved it
I love coeur a la creme. I like the fact that you use yogurt - I usually make them with ricotta cheese. I will try it your way next time.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
This sounds absolutely fabulous. You have my 5 on this one. have a good evening...Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!