Hungarian Cabbage NoodlesFrom blondeberry 8 years ago
How to make it
- Chop the cabbage until it's very fine,
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the cabbage.
- Cook and stir and don't let it burn. Cook until it starts to turn brown.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar on the cabbage and continue cooking and stirring.
- Add more sugar, cook, etc. until it's nice and dark brown and sweetened to your taste.
- Salt a little.
- Add the cooked noodles and stir together.
- Try not to eat too much. :)
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookblondeberry Charleston, SC
The Rating5 people
This is an absolute delicious dish. They make it a lot in Transylvania, too (my hubby is from there) and the cabbage is sooo nice smothered in the butter... I will surprise my husband with this! Thank you for bringing back this recipe from my childho...moreelgab89 in Toronto loved it
MMMMMMM. Haluski is one of my favorites!!!!broadzilla in Saxonburg loved it
oh, loving this!midgelet in Eastern loved it