Spicey Shrimp or Chicken and Cellophane Noodle SaladFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil shopping list
- 1 red Thai chile, sliced paper-thin shopping list
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, shelled, or small squid bodies, halved lengthwise shopping list
- Two 2-ounce packages dried cellophane noodles shopping list
- boiling water shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mint leaves shopping list
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves shopping list
- 3/4 cup basil leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts shopping list
- lime wedges, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice with the fish sauce, sugar, oil, chile, lime leaf and oyster sauce.
- In another bowl, toss the shrimp with half of the chile-lime dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large heatproof bowl, cover the cellophane noodles with warm water.
- Let stand until pliable, 5 minutes.
- Light a grill.
- Drain the cellophane noodles.
- Using scissors, cut the noodles into 2-inch lengths and return them to the bowl.
- Cover the noodles with the boiling water and let stand until they are softened, about 1 minute.
- Drain well.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and grill over high heat until just tender, about 1 minute per side.
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the cellophane noodles, scallions, mint, cilantro, basil and the remaining dressing.
- Mound the salad on plates or a platter.
- Sprinkle with the peanuts and serve with lime wedges.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Terrific! Thanks again for a wonderful recipe! Fiver! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
fantastic another great one thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wow! I like this one, Thanksfluffy24 in Cranston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!