Key Lime Cookie MeltawaysFrom marky90 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- Grated zest of 4 tiny or 2 large key limes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour (a.k.a. 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until fluffy. Add lime zest, juice, and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt. Add to butter mixture, and beat on low speed until combined.
- Between two 8-by-12-inch pieces of parchment paper, roll dough into two 1 1/4-inch-diameter logs. Chill at least 1 hour.
- P.S You can freeze these for later use at this point.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Place remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a resealable plastic bag. Remove parchment from logs; slice dough into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place rounds on baking sheets, spaced 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies until barely golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool slightly, just three or four minutes. While still warm, place cookies in the sugar-filled bag; toss to coat.
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating11 people
I dont bake, but my friend loves too I just sent her these and she has to make them for me, HEHEHEHE Thanks for the recipe!!!mango in Marion loved it
I have to try them soon!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Your pictures are beautiful! Sounds and look, fabulous!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it