BROWN GRAVY CABBAGE ROLLSFrom linebb956 6 years ago
- 2 heads cabbage shopping list
- 1 c. cooked rice shopping list
- 1 c. seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef or pork shopping list
- 1 c. chopped onions shopping list
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. thyme shopping list
- 4 tsp. sage shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Parboil large leaves of cabbage for a few minutes until pliable.
- Brown meat in a little oil, remove meat; brown onions, remove them.
- Drain off excess oil, add water to make a light brown gravy.
- Pour out and reserve.
- Put meat, rice, bread crumbs and all seasoning in pan.
- Mix thoroughly while heating through, turn off heat; add eggs,
- and mix again.
- Place correct amount of stuffing in center of each
- cabbage leaf.
- Fold in sides of leaf, roll up tightly and place in a 9x13 pan.
- If they are packed tight and fill the pan, they will
- usually not need to be secured with toothpick. Heat brown gravy
- which you make from reserved drippings and pour over rolls.
- Bake at 350 until bubbly.
- I do not use the home made gravy because of fat.. I purchase 2 packages of brown gravy mix and use that..
- Hope you enjoy.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- zena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
- rideanrope Ada, OK
- sherrydear Glen Ellyn, IL
- peggyb Springfield, MO
- joyceauchstaetter Prince Albert, CA
- lisakreider Collinsville, IL
- julesong Seattle, WA
- linebb956 La Feria, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!