Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Mashed PotatoesFrom luisascatering 7 years ago
- 4 (6-7 ounces each) boneless pork loin chops, 1 1/4-inch thick (I use Niman Ranch all natural pork, the best!) shopping list
- 4 slices thick-cut applewood smoked bacon shopping list
- 4 small sprigs of fresh rosemary shopping list
- Balsamic rosemary butter (recipe follows): shopping list
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, room temp shopping list
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar shopping list
- leaves from 1 rosemary sprig, finely chopped (about 2 tbsp) shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste shopping list
- blue cheese mashed potatoes (recipe follows): shopping list
- 4 large idaho potatoes (about 3 pounds) shopping list
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (I used Kerrygold butter) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 6 ounces Roquefort, or other French blue cheese such as Bleu d'Avergne or Fourme d'Ambert (I used Creamy Danish Blue and it was delicious) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- For the rosemary butter: Place softened butter in bowl and whisk in remaining ingredients. Remove butter mixture from bowl and spoon onto parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll into a log, using the edge of a baking sheet to form a tight log. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
- For the mashed potatoes: Peel and quarter the potatoes lengthwise, then cut into 1-inch wedges. Put in a heavy medium saucepan with 1 teaspoon of the salt and add enough cold water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 25 minutes. Drain in a colander. Put potatoes through a ricer and return the potatoes to the saucepan. Add the cream, butter, the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. With the heat on medium-low and stir the mixture until well blended, 4 to 5 minutes. Mix in 4 oz blue cheese and mash to incorporate (use remaining blue cheese for garnish).
- For the pork chops: Dry the chops with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper. Place a sprig of rosemary down on each chop and wrap a strip of bacon around each one, securing with a toothpick if needed. Prepare medium-hot fire in grill; grill chops over direct heat for 6-7 minutes; turn and grill 5-6 minutes more for medium doneness. Transfer to plate, tent with foil and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- To serve: Remove toothpick and rosemary sprig (leave bacon on, of course!) Serve each chop with a pat of rosemary balsamic butter and side of blue cheese mashed potatoes garnished with left over blue cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating6 people
Oh wow - this looks and sounds so delicious. I love the bacon, rosemary, balsamic, blue cheese combo. Can't wait to give it a try - thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Oh Dear LORD! This sounds so amazing! Anything bacon makes me happy! Between that and my sweet teeth - no wonder my diets never work!! LOL!! Can't wait to try this dinner!! Sounds fantastic - Thank you so much for sharing! 5 :)madmommy in Wayne loved it
This sounds like the perfect anniversary dinner. Thanks so much looks spectacular!!! :) 5 all the waymango in Marion loved it