Apple FrittersFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- Crisco® Pure vegetable oil, for deep frying shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup chopped apple shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 1 tbsp., divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- 1.HEAT 2 to 3 inches oil to 365ºF in deep fryer or deep heavy saucepan.
- 2.COMBINE egg and milk in large bowl. Stir in apple and 1 tablespoon oil.
- 3.COMBINE flour, 1 tbsp. sugar, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Add to egg mixture. Stir until just mixed.
- 4.DROP by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into oil. Fry about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn as needed for even browning. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
- 5.COMBINE 1/2 cup sugar and remaining 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a re-sealable bag. Gently shake fritters in mixture. Serve warm.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating12 people
Yummy, these sound and look good. cant wait to try these. get 5 forks. Lucycardinal54 in Cuthbert loved it
So delicious!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Great Recipe! Thanks for the post.
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!