Peach CobblerFrom bostonmargy 6 years ago
- 4 - 5 medium ripe peaches shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) In a large bowl, combine sliced peaches with juice, 2 tablespoons melted butter, a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg. Dissolve cornstarch in water, then stir into peach mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine milk, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until smooth - mixture will be thin.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a 9x13 inch pan. Pour batter over melted butter. Spoon peaches over batter. Sprinkle top with additional cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until knife inserted comes out clean.