Quick Walnut BaklavaFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 2 C. oil or 1 Lb. butter (melted) shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 C. water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 Lb. chopped walnuts shopping list
- flour as needed to make dough shopping list
- SYRUP: shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 3 C. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 C. honey shopping list
- 3 C. water shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients together (not with the Syrup).
- Add as much flour as it takes to make a soft dough.
- Spread in large oblong buttered baking pan.
- Before baking cut in squares or diamonds, but do not cut clear through the dough.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until a knife when inserted comes out clean.
- Pour syrup over it when still warm.
- FOR SYRUP: Mix all together and boil to the softball stage on a candy thermometer.