Lobster BisqueFrom fluffy24 8 years ago
- 2 or 3 lobsters (1 ¼ pound each) shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 1 rib celery chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 leeks, sliced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter for roux, 2 tablespoons for sauté shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- ¾ cup sherry shopping list
- 4 ounces tomato paste shopping list
How to make it
- In large stockpot, bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add the lobsters and steam for about 8 minutes, until lobsters are cooked. Remove lobsters and let cool. Reserve liquid. When lobsters have cooled, clean out meat and set aside, save all shells.
- Crack or grind up lobster shells a bit. If you have a food processor, break up the shells and put a few peaces at a time until they break into small pieces. Cover shells with reserve liquid, add vegetables and cook over medium heat for about 25 minutes. Strain. There should be about 4 ½ cups lobster broth.
- To make roux, melt the butter and stir in the flour in a heavy saucepan. Stir while it heats for 1 minute.
- Heat the heavy cream, half and half, lobster stock in a double boiler over medium heat. When it’s hot, add roux and stir over medium heat for 40 minutes until thick and smooth.
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter and reserve lobster meat, tomato paste and sherry. When alcohol has cooked off add to cream mixture. Cook gently for 5 minutes. Serves 4-6