Batter Dipped Sea ScallopsFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- oil as needed for frying shopping list
- 1 egg , slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 pounds scallops shopping list
- Purchased tartar sauce and lemon wedges as an accompaniment shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 or 3 inches oil to 365ºF in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
- In a medium bowl combine egg, milk and melted shortening.
- In another bowl combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Add to egg mixture; beat until smooth.
- Dip scallops in batter. Drain off excess.
- Fry, a few at a time, for 1-1/2 to 3 minutes (depending on size) or until golden brown.
- Turn as needed for even browning.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!