Uptown Banana Pudding CheesecakeFrom southernbella 6 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 large ripe bananas, diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- Meringue shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Press evenly into bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine diced bananas and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small saucepan. Stir in 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Place over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute or just until sugar has melted. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup granulated sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in coffee liqueur and vanilla. Pour into prepared vanilla wafer crust. Spoon tablespoonfuls of banana mixture evenly over top, and swirl gently into cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Drop spoonfuls of Meringue gently and evenly over hot filling.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until Meringue is golden brown. Remove from oven, and gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake in springform pan to loosen. Cool cheesecake completely on a wire rack. Cover loosely, and chill 8 hours. Release and remove sides of pan.
The Cooksouthernbella Madeira Beach, FL
The Rating6 people
hi Southern Bel - great 1st recipe!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
What a winner! Great postjett2whit in Union City loved it
That is delicious with a capital D!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!