Beer Belly RibsFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 6 racks back ribs shopping list
- 2 tbsp coarse salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp coarse black pepper shopping list
- 1 12 oz bottle dark ale shopping list
- 1 bottle Sweet Baby Rays BarBQue Sauce shopping list
- 1/4 white onion, minced shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 3-4 T worcestershire shopping list
- 1 t liquid smoke shopping list
- (A few tablespoons of beer or jack daniels can be added here, as well). shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F
- Remove tough membrane from concave (non-meaty) side of rib rack.
- Combine salt and pepper and season both sides of the rib racks.
- Place ribs, meaty side up, on a shallow baking sheet, on a rack if you have one, directly on to the sheet if you don’t.
- Use a second baking sheet to avoid overcrowding.
- Pour beer onto baking sheet(s).
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes, or until meat is tender and is beginning to recede from bones.
- 30 MINUTES BEFORE BAKING TIME ENDS,
- Place BBQ Sauce and following ingredients in small saucepan and simmer until time to baste ribs.
- WHEN BAKING TIME IS OVER
- Remove from oven and refrigerate until the grill is ready. (IF grilling right away, place on counter so they will be at room temp when place on grill)
- Place on grill set at mediumlow.
- Baste ribs with sauce, turn, and baste other side.
- Baste and turn every few minutes or so until ribs are nicely coated and hot.
- ***Barbecue sauce burns very easily, so keep a close eye on them.***
- ***This recipe works just as well for side ribs. Simply increase steaming time to two hours.***
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating6 people
Now I'm getting hungry! High fiver to you! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Elaine that makes two of us! Great recipe, would love to try it sometime. I only have 2 racks left in the freezer, need to buy more. Thanks for the post :0)jrt_mom in Metro Manila loved it
OH MY GOSH, I just checked out ChefElaine's ribs and then I came across your recipe for ribs and it looks like I'll be making both this coming weekend lol The beer in this recipe really caught my attention and I know some people who will be asking fo...morepippy in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!