Peanut Butter Frosted Banana CakeFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 2/3 c. shortening shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla shopping list
- 1 c. mashed, very ripe bananas shopping list
- 1 c. buttermilk shopping list
- 2 1/4 c. flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 t. baking powder shopping list
- 1 t. baking soda shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- peanut butter icing shopping list
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13x9-inch pan.
- Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- In small bowl combine bananas and buttermilk; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with banana mixture to creamed mixture.
- Begin and end with flour mixture; beat until well combined.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until done.
- Cool cake completely in pan on wire rack.
- Frost cooled cake with the following icing.
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and syrup until smooth. Add peanut butter and beat until well blended.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating6 people
OO-la-la! That's a nice cake. Thanks!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Elvis would love this....clbacon in Birmingham loved it
Thank you...thank you very much! I think this sounds great! Yep - Elvis probably would like it.jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!