Easy Whole Wheat Pizza DoughFrom cherylannxo 7 years ago
How to make it
- Stir water, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl; let stand until the yeast has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Stir in whole wheat flour and bread flour and cornmeal until the dough begins to come together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Individual variation: The dough can be turned into 4 or 6 personal-sized pizzas. After kneading, divide the dough into 4 or 6 equal balls. Brush with oil and place 3" apart on a baking sheet. Cover and set aside until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Roll each portion into a 6 to 8" circle.
- TIPS: Prepare through the 3rd paragraph. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Or tightly wrap the unrisen dough in oiled plastic wrap and freeze up to 3 months. Defrost the dough in the refrigerator overnight. Let refrigerated (or previously frozen) dough stand at room temperature for 1 hour before using.