Lobster Stuffed Beef TenderloinFrom 55to64 8 years ago
- 3 to 4 pound whole beef tenderloin shopping list
- 2 4-ounce frozen lobster tails shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 6 slices of bacon shopping list
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the beef tenderloin lengthwise to within a 1/2 inch of the bottom to butterfly. Set aside.
- Place frozen lobster tails in boiling water to cover. Return to boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Carefully remove lobster from shells. Cut in half lengthwise.
- Place lobster end to end inside beef. Distribute lobster as evenly as possible.
- Combine melted butter and lemon juice. Drizzle on the lobster tails.
- Close meat around lobster. Tie roast together securely at 1 inch intervals.
- Place on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast at 425° until thermometer indicates desired doneness, anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes depending on thickness of meat.
- Cook the bacon until it is about half done. Remove meat from oven. Place par-cooked bacon on top of roast and cook another five minutes.
- In a saucepan, cook finely chopped onion in remaining butter over low heat until tender. Add wine and garlic. Heat for a few minutes until garlic is cooked through. Stir frequently.
- Serve 1/2 inch slices of beef with the wine sauce.
- NOTE: We like our beef rather rare, so we will roast it less than 30 minutes. also, remember that when you insert an instant read thermometer, you don't want to go to the center of the meat. You'll be taking the temp of the lobster.