Pantry Shrimp PastaFrom keeperrox 6 years ago
- 12 oz pasta shopping list
- 1.5 lb shrimp, deveined and peeled (I use large, but you can use whatever size you'd like - smaller ups the prep time) shopping list
- Kosher salt and black pepper shopping list
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced small shopping list
- 12 sun dried tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 8-12 garlic cloves, minced or pressed shopping list
- 2 tsp anchovy paste (or 4 filets); optional shopping list
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less to taste) shopping list
- 1 tbsp kosher salt shopping list
- 2- 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, with juice shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup basil, julienned (1 tbsp if using dried basil) shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese, plus more to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil for pasta. Add 1-2 tbsp of Kosher salt and cook according to package directions. Reserve pasta water.
- Meanwhile, pat shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil over medium-high heat and sauté shrimp about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, anchovy paste, red pepper flakes, salt, and remaining 3 tsp (1 tbsp) of oil to pan. Cook until onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and 1/4 cup broth (add dried basil now, if using), increase heat to medium-high and allow to reduce and slightly thicken for about 10 minutes (add more broth at the end of the 10 minutes if there is not enough sauce to coat pasta - this will depend on the amount of juice there is in your tomatoes).
- Remove from heat and add fresh basil, cheese, and shrimp back to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Combine pasta and sauce, and add reserved pasta cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce. Serve with cheese and enjoy!