Linguine with White Clam SauceFrom 55to64 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 6.5 ounce cans of chopped clams shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 pound linguini cooked al dente shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the linguine to al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce
- Drain clams, reserving the liquid.
- Combine clam juice with milk to equal two cups of liquid.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the flour and cook for two minutes.
- Add parsley, thyme, salt and pepper and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the clams and heat through.
- Serve over linguine.