Not So Healthy Oven Fried ChickenFrom southernbella 5 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (I usually use Louisiana) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 12 chicken pieces shopping list
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Whisk buttermilk, oil, hot pepper sauce, mustard, garlic, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- 2) Add the onion and then the chicken turning to coat each piece with the marinade.
- 3) Cover; chill at least three hours or up to one day turning the chicken occasionally.
- 4) Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, flour, thyme, paprika, cayenne and 1 tsp salt in a large baking dish.
- 5) Remove the chicken from the marinade and roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- 6) Set chicken on a rack to dry for about 30 minutes.
- 7) Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- 8) Place chicken in large baking dish and pour butter over the chicken.
- 9) Bake until crisp and brown, approximately 50 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooksouthernbella Madeira Beach, FL
The Rating8 people
This sounds GREAT..5 forks me' friend!! :)
* * * * *lanacountry in Macon loved it
Making my mouth water.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
Printing this out now...On the short list of things to make....:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!