Crusty Chicken Little AppetizersFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Lite soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon peel shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herbs, crumbled shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon medium-ground black pepper shopping list
- ketchup or ranch salad dressing (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Remove fillets from chicken; cut chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Coat chicken strips and fillets with lite soy sauce, lemon peel and herb; let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, oil bottom of large shallow, baking pan.
- Beat egg in small bowl and mix cornmeal, flour and pepper in shallow dish.
- Dip chicken into egg and coat with cornmeal mixture; place in single layer in oiled pan.
- Bake in 400ºF. oven 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; bake 10 minutes longer, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Serve with ketchup or ranch salad dressing, if desired.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating9 people
Using corn meal with flour has always been a great way to fry fish or chicken. This looks great and right up my alley! Thanks for sharing! Debdmajor in Slidell loved it
This sounds soooo yummy, thanks for sharing!! Love the title by the way so I added it to the group. ~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
Great recipe! A must-keep! Fives to ya! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it