Hard PretzelsFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 package instant yeast shopping list
- 4 oz bread flour shopping list
- 18 oz whole wheat flour shopping list
- 14 oz warm water shopping list
- water, for boiling shopping list
- 2 tbsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 egg white + 1 tbsp water (for wash) shopping list
- Coarse pretzel salt shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all the "dry" ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook, stirring well.
- Add warm water, stir to combine, then knead for 6-7 minutes, until elastic.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 36 1-oz pieces (use a kitchen scale for dead-on accuracy if you like), and form into sticks, knots or whatever shapes you desire.
- Keep the dough you aren't working with under a damp towel.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring a half-filled pot of water mixed with the baking soda to a boil.
- Carefully add shaped dough 4-5 pieces at a time.
- Cook in simmering until they float, about 30 seconds - 1 minute.
- Remove from water and place on greased or parchment-liked baking sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush pretzels with beaten egg white mixture and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 50-60 minutes (for full 1-oz pieces) or 30 minutes (for "bite-size" pretzel balls).
- Cool completely, and store in a covered container.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
Wonderful! I love pretzels, and thank you :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
cool....now i can make flavored pretzels with less salt! :) ty! :)bakermel in Topeka loved it
Love it Jojo!! Thanks :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members
1500 Calories A Day173 members