Argentinian Short Rib StewFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp dried mustard powder shopping list
- 1 tsp chopped jalapeño pepper (or to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp hot paprika shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 6 racks short ribs shopping list
- 1 cup chopped red onion shopping list
- 1 cup yellow pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 tsp diced jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 2 cups diced canned tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 cups beef stock shopping list
- One 3-inch strip orange peel shopping list
How to make it
- Combine garlic, mustard powder, jalapeño, red wine, red wine vinegar, paprika, marjoram, thyme and 2 tbsp olive oil in a bowl.
- Arrange short ribs flat in a large dish (or 2) so they are in 1 layer.
- Pour marinade over ribs.
- Marinate for 12 hours or overnight in a refrigerator, turning racks once.
- Pat ribs dry and reserve any marinade.
- reheat oven to 300ºF
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp oil in a skillet or Dutch oven over high heat.
- Working in batches brown meat well on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Spill out all but 1 tbsp oil.
- Add onion and peppers and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock and reserved marinade.
- Bring to boil, scraping up any little pieces on base of pot.
- Add short ribs and orange peel (or place all ingredients in an ovenproof casserole).
- Cover and bake 2 to 2½ hours or until ribs are fork tender.
- Remove short ribs to a baking sheet.
- Increase oven heat to 400ºF
- Skim any fat from sauce
- Place over medium heat and reduce until very flavorful and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes longer.
- Bake short ribs for 15 minutes.
- Cut into sections and return to sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating7 people
love stew! 5
Petedagnabbit in Barrie loved it
deliciousbizzielizzie in Orillia loved it
This is a marvel of a dish...saved and printed too
super!^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!